Protect your commercial property, from the office to the warehouse.

Why choose Magaya Insurance Services for your commercial property insurance?

Commercial property insurance safeguards your company and its physical assets from various risks and perils. It provides financial protection for commercial properties and contents, including buildings, equipment, inventory, and other business assets, against events such as fire, theft, natural disasters, vandalism, or other covered perils.

system 59 150x150 1


Get the personal attention you deserve. Our personalized policy review ensures you always have the best coverage at competitive rates.

system 70


Whether you need assistance with a claim or want to purchase a new policy, you can count on fast, attentive, concierge-level service.

commercial property insurance


With decades of experience serving businesses of all sizes the Magaya Insurance Services team truly understands the needs of the industry.

Types of Commercial Property Insurance

These are some of the key types of commercial property insurance that freight forwarders might need to safeguard your assets, operations, and the goods they handle. The specific insurance needs may vary based on the size of the business, services provided, and the nature of the operations. Consulting with the licensed insurance advisors at Magaya Insurance Services will help you determine the ideal coverage for your unique requirements.

Building Insurance

This type of insurance provides coverage for the physical structure of your premises, including warehouses, offices, or other owned properties, against perils such as fire, storm damage, or theft.

Contents Insurance

Contents insurance covers the belongings and equipment within the your premises, including office furniture, computer systems, inventory, and other business assets, against risks such as fire, theft, or damage.

Equipment Breakdown Insurance

This insurance covers the repair or replacement costs of essential equipment such as conveyor systems, forklifts, or refrigeration units, in case of mechanical breakdowns or failures.

All Risk Warehouse Insurance

All Risk Warehouse coverage protects you from financial losses resulting from damage or loss of the stored goods due to various causes, such as fire, theft, natural disasters, or other covered perils.

All Risk Warehouse coverage typically offers broader protection compared to basic property insurance policies by encompassing a wide range of risks, with the exception of specific exclusions mentioned in the policy. The coverage is designed to provide comprehensive protection that includes the property stored within the warehouse, offering peace of mind to the warehouse owner or operator.

Business Interruption Insurance

Business interruption insurance protects against financial losses incurred due to a temporary shutdown or interruption of operations caused by covered perils, such as fire, natural disasters, or other insured events. It can help cover ongoing expenses and lost income during the interruption period.

Frequently Asked Questions About Magaya Commercial Property Insurance

Click on the + next to each question to display the answer.

Still can’t find the answer you’re looking for? We’re always happy to assist! Just schedule a consultation and we’ll connect you with one of our solution experts. 

1. What does commercial property insurance cover?

Coverage will vary depending on the policy, however, commercial property insurance usually covers damage or loss to the insured property caused by perils such as fire, theft, natural disasters, vandalism, and other covered events. It can include coverage for buildings, contents, equipment, and business interruption.

2. How much does commercial property insurance cost?

The cost of commercial property insurance varies depending on factors like the value of the insured property, the level of coverage desired, the location of the property, the business’s industry, and the risk profile. Contact us to get an accurate cost estimate based on your specific needs.

3. What is business interruption coverage?

Business interruption coverage, often included in commercial property insurance, provides financial protection when a covered event temporarily forces the business to suspend operations. It helps cover ongoing expenses and lost income during the interruption period.

4. What are some common exclusions in commercial property insurance?

Common exclusions in commercial property insurance may include losses due to war, earthquakes, floods (separate flood insurance may be required), intentional acts, and certain types of wear and tear. It’s important to review the policy for specific exclusions.

5. Can commercial property insurance be customized to fit the needs of my business?

Yes, commercial property insurance can be customized based on the specific needs of your business. Coverage limits, deductibles, and additional endorsements can be tailored to address the unique risks and requirements of your industry or business operations. 

6. Does commercial property insurance cover my business's liability?

No, commercial property insurance typically does not cover liability claims. For liability protection, businesses usually need separate policies such as general liability insurance or professional liability insurance.

7. How do I file a claim under my commercial property insurance policy?

To file a claim, you should contact us as soon as possible and provide detailed information about the loss or damage. We will guide you through the claims process, which may involve providing documentation, estimates, and supporting evidence.

8. Can I combine commercial property insurance with other types of insurance?

Yes, businesses often combine commercial property insurance with other types of coverage, such as general liability insurance, workers’ compensation insurance, or errors and omissions insurance. Bundling policies can provide comprehensive protection and potential cost savings.

9. Is commercial property insurance required by law?

Commercial property insurance is generally not required by law. However, it is often recommended and may be required by lenders or landlords as a condition for financing or leasing commercial properties.

Let’s get started! Get a personalized quote.

Speak with a licensed insurance advisor.